Friday, June 17, 2011

Does this happen to every mama?

So I've been trying to get around to writing something all week. A great idea will pop in my head and then a million other things will tackle it. Poof! It's like mental hopscotch, the way my mind will jump around from to-do lists to actual thoughts. So when I actually have a few minutes to write, I've got nothing.

I could write about the minutia of my week. Nah, kinda boring to read about someone's busy day, right? Unless I made it funny somehow. No, piled up dishes and poop can't be fancied up. Oh, I should be taking care of those instead of writing...

I could write about the awesome nights out with other mamas. Two this week! This makes me think of how grateful I am for other moms to talk with. Cause I find myself talking about my kid all the time. And other moms understand. And then I start feeling all mushy about how important mom friends are, especially when you stay home with your little one. This makes me think about a book I read recently about a group of mom friends that met at a playground on Wednesdays. Hey, I met my group of close mama friends on a Wednesday! Then I think about how I was going to review that book. I should be working on that instead of writing this useless post...

I could write about father's day and how Amelia has a great Daddy. Nah, I'll need something to post about on Sunday, right? Or at least when I get around to it next week. Oh, I should be hanging out with him instead of sitting here writing minutia...

I should just post a cute picture and call it a day. Behold: Amelia's "cheese" face.Yup, pretty cheesy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment