Monday, July 4, 2011

SuperMama

Becoming a mom gave me superpowers. My cape mostly looks like a well-stocked diaper bag, but still...

I have developed a super sense of hearing. I can tell if my baby cries, coughs, or coos from almost any room in my house.

I can cope without much sleep for months.

I can shop, cook, drive, talk, work, and clean (okay, this one doesn't apply often) with minimal brain power while talking to, singing with, soothing, feeding, and thinking about my baby girl.

Then there's the one-handed feats. I can shower with one hand. Dress myself with one hand. Use the restroom with one hand.

I've even maneuvered a public-bathroom-standing-up-nursing-session. On more than one occasion.

Doesn't every Super Mom look like this?

Unfortunately, all these new superpowers have melted other parts of my brain. Like the part that knows how to give myself a pedicure. Because I actually took a few minutes to beautify my toes the other night and it was an epic fail.

My toes look like a 4-year-old painted them.

Complete with red paint smeared over the skin and cuticles. Even spilled nail polish remover. And chipped paint only two days later. It is a sad situation.

Now I know why Wonder Woman wore boots.

1 comment: