Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Time Talk

The cover article in Time this week caught some attention in our house. It is about how men and women work the same amount and share the child-rearing and household chores equally.

The hubby felt pretty justified.

I kept my mouth shut.

Then I checked out this little graphic and got a little offended. It says that "nonemployed mothers" work the least total hours. Hmph.
 
My thoughts got all indignant. Well, I feel like I work all day every day. I'm always on call. I don't get sick days or "vacation" away from my job.

Then I looked around.  Dishes were in the sink. Toys were strewn through the house. I was still not dressed for the day.

It was 3:00 pm.

Okay, so I see where they're coming from.

I kept my mouth shut.

1 comment:

  1. But don't forget the play time that is really part of your job...and the after-hour activities trying to put little bits to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete