Thursday, July 7, 2011

Camera Lessons

My brother's family vacationed at our house for the past week. And we kept busy. We did the zoo, beach, museum, pizza arcade place, boardwalk, swimming, fireworks, and lots of play at the house. It was a great time. And I'd love to show you all the fun, cute, special moments we had. But there's a problem.

See, my brother is a photographer. So he takes pictures of everything with his giant cameras. In fact, people often do double takes when they notice how much camera gear he carries around. I've stopped noticing, really.

So whenever he's around, I think, Oh, I don't need to carry my camera. I'll just focus on Amelia and let him take the pictures. And that's what I do. I didn't take my camera out once during their visit.

Then he goes home and I get ready to do a blog post about all the fun we had. About how sweet and well-behaved my niece is. About how cute it was when the two cousins held hands through the zoo. About how they played Ring Around the Rosie together. And playdough together. And dress-up. And hide-and-seek with glow sticks in my closet. And how Amelia wanted to steal all of her cousins cool toys and jump on her air mattress bed.

Except all I have are random fuzzy cell phone shots.

And I promise myself that next time, I will bring my camera.
The two girls driving an ice cream truck at the pizza place.
Baby Girl trying to stay cool at the zoo.
Amelia hasn't stopped asking for Abby since they left. She loves her cousin.
See, I told you it was a large camera.
And it runs in the family.
Daddy and Amelia found a horse at the candy shop. Little Miss Pink Cheeks was delighted.
Waiting for fireworks.
4th of July fun.
Thankfully my sister-in-law has already learned this hard lesson. You can see her pictures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment